Our legislation protects workers to a great extent. For this reason, it must be appropriately advised to avoid problems arising from the employment relationship.
Our specialists will advise you on every aspect of employment and labor law in order for you not to have any future problems.
1. TERMINATION OF LABOR RELATIONSHIP
The Labor Code establishes the causes of termination that may occur. Among them, we can highlight:
- Mutual consent: it is an agreement between the parties to end the employment contract, and it must be in writing for it to be valid.
- Expiration of the time agreed in the contract, which arises from the contracts for a defined time.
- Conclusion of the work object of the contract.
- Resignation by the worker and through which the worker voluntarily terminates the employment relationship that he maintains with his employer.
- Dismissal for justified reasons, which are those that empower the employer to end the relationship with the worker.
- Termination of employment with those workers who have been in the company for less than two years.
2. DRAFTING OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS
What is an employment contract?
It is the verbal or written agreement by which a person undertakes to render his services or perform a work in favor of another under the subordination or dependence of this, according to the parameters provided in our Labour Code.
Contracts may be:
- For a definite time
- For an indefinite time
- For a determined work
- For professional services
- Among others
Why are employment contracts necessary?
- In an employment relationship, there will always be a contract; it can be verbal or written.
- If a worker doesn’t have a written contract, what the worker says or argues will prevail, this puts the worker at an advantage and the company at a disadvantage.
- It is essential for the worker and for the employer to have a well-written employment contract since it reflects the rights and obligations of each one.
3 .DRAFTING OF INTERNAL REGULATIONS
What are the internal regulations?
They are the set of established rules that regulate a work activity between the company and the worker.
It is a legal requirement for any company that has more than ten plant workers.
They allow the company to direct its operations, turn the instructions to the workers, establishing, in turn, the corresponding sanctions for those who violate it, constituting a tool for the resolution of conflicts within the company.
4. LABOR LITIGATION.
Hiring well and firing well is essential to avoid lawsuits, which generate wear, loss of time, and expenses.
Before signing an employment contract and before dismissing, contact us; we will save you headaches, time, and money.
If despite everything, there is a labor lawsuit, we have lawyers with much experience in labor litigation.